From Balloons to Drones publishes occasional book reviews that aim to be an accessible collection of open access appraisals of recent publications on the subject of air power history, theory and practice. The reviews also seek to engage with a wider audience interested in the subject matter.
Published Book Reviews
- Ehlers Jr., Robert S., The Mediterranean Air War: Airpower and Allied Victory in World War II (Lawrence, KS: University Press of Kansas, 2015);
- Feast, Sean, A Thunder Bird in Bomber Command: The Wartime Letters and Story of Lionel Anderson, the Man who Inspired a Legend (London: Fighting High Publishing, 2015);
- O’Brien, Phillips Payson, How the War Was Won: Air-Sea Power and Allied Victory in World War II (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2015);
- Philpott, Maryam, Air and Sea Power in World War I: Combat and Experience in the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Navy (London: I.B. Tauris, 2013);
- Streckfuss, James, Eyes All Over the Sky: Aerial Reconnaissance in the First World War (Oxford, UK: Casemate Publishers, 2016).
If publishers are interested in having a publication reviewed then, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org